Tuesday, July 28, 2009

INDEPENDENT SCENE BLOG 4: CONFESSIONS OF A MINDREADER


Independent Scene first featured Jasveen in Cycle 1 (check out his video on wwwindependentscene.com) All we can say is that he is astounding. His eerily accurate readings of the crew and our host Irene had us all talking for days. Check out what he has to say below:

This past week I have had the pleasure of working with an event management firm that I recently signed with and that had booked me for a variety of events. It all began with an encounter I had with their talent manager at a coffee shop where I was able to convince her of how my mind reading abilities could be a wonderful source of entertainment. An entertainment agency is definitely a big boost to any struggling artist when it comes to landing gigs. It throws at you a variety of events that challenges and forces you to adapt to new circumstances constantly. You really never know what you are going to get.

I believe it is important that the artist be the enigma. The artist can be from any line of work. Whether it be painter, writer, juggler or a mindreader. But when the artist creates a sense of mystery and wonder about what he does, then it creates intrigue in the mind of his target audience and they are fascinated. Think about it! Why is the Mona Lisa one of most famous paintings today? Is it so much the painting or the painter?

When I have an idea seep into my mind, I dwell on it. If you dwell hard enough on it, the idea will eventually manifest into reality. Many months back when I had the idea of predicting the EURO 2008 finals on radio, I never knew how I was going to go about doing it, but I knew I wanted to do it. Eventually, I found myself connecting with an established Canadian mentalist and soon enough found myself landing a media spot which only led to more opportunities. Staying in the limelight is very important, and as for me, I just want to continue to mystify.

Cheers

Jasveen Puri

To learn more about Jasveen or to book him for an appearance check out his website, www.jasveen.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment